Over the course of my life I’ve embraced a number of hobbies like painting, drawing, singing and much more. But what I felt was there’s a different feeling to have a hobby like blogging. Whenever people ask me about my hobbies my first word will be blog, blogging. Many of my friends have asked me, what do you get from blogging? My reply will be satisfaction, that’s it. I am proud that I have become a writer, where the whole world read what I write. Yes! The whole world!
At first, what is a blog?
A blog is nothing but a website where the entries typically appear in reverse chronological [in order of time from earliest to latest] order. A blog allows the user to share their opinions and discuss various topics in the form of an online journal. To start with a blog, there are many free platforms available online like WordPress, Blogger, tumblr, LinkedIn, Square space and the list goes on. You need to Sign-Up for a new account by providing your details later you need to give a Title to your blog and add a good theme, that’s it. You are ready with your blog.
Image source: mediamessages.com
So today let’s discuss why you should start a blog. What are the benefits of blogging?
1. You’ll become a good writer: Yes, as we know that practice makes man perfect writing again and again helps us to improve our writing skills. Blogging will not force you to write, but if you have a commitment to make your blog successful, you will surely write at least once a day. Your writing skill may help you to write a book or a presentation in future.
2. It helps you to learn new things: blogging is about sharing what you know. You need to learn something before sharing. Therefore blogging helps you to learn new things and you’ll come to know about your area of interest.
3. It helps to interact with people: let’s assume that you want to start a new facebook page. But the thing is you don’t know how to start with it. So what you do is Google it out and you’ll open up a blog link which helps you with starting a facebook page. You will leave some comments and questions. A new friend! You have never met that person before that took special interest in your questions and helped you to solve your problem. Whether it is through comments, e-mails or social media, you’ll meet people online. Therefore blogging community is a friendly and encouraging media.
4. You can make some money: blogs are free to audience and open to the public. It is a selfless act of service which turns into a piece of writing. You don’t need money to start a blog, but, you can make money by blogging. A good hobby that pays you back. Blogging makes money through the advertisement in your blog.
5. You’ll become a great thinker: Blogging is nothing but to share ideas and opinions to the world. If you start writing on a specific topic, you need to think about that topic deeply. Therefore increasing your thinking capacity on a topic. Writing on different subjects will surely help you to think about that.
You don’t need a blog to earn huge amount of money or to have a huge following. You need a blog to change your life style. Above I have discussed with five top benefits which changes your life. Follow it, and lead a wonderful life.